There are a lot of useful ActionScript libraries out there, and almost all of them are free. Here are my top 5:
- TweenLite: A easy to use tweening (animating) engine for about anything. This is a must-have for many me and many others. Also at the website are tools for organizing your tweens and loading media.
- Minimal Comps: Need quick and easy components and don’t want to use Flash CS? This provides all the basic ones components along with a couple unusual ones.
- as3corelib: Can’t forget the practical as3corelib, which add a lot of functionality to actionscript. Just be wary, the dict protocols won’t work in any online flash project because of security restrictions.
- Box2D: A powerful physics engine. this one has a little learning curve, so here is an okay tutorial and a better one that is slightly outdated.
- Graffiti: A drawing library with multiple tools and controls
Honorable Mention: Squiggly: A spellchecking tool that can check individual words or, in flex, check entered words real-time.